- Born, July 28, 1915.
- Sept. 1, 1939 - Graduated from military college (the eve of WW2)
- Assigned to the Zemgale artillery.
- Transferred to the Aviation Division
- September 1940 - Graduated from flight school (observer). His training was interrupted by the Soviet
Occupation, and the last part of his training was theoretical, with no training flights permitted.
- During Soviet occupation, conscripted into a Red artillery unit. Deserts from this unit as it
is withdrawn towards the Soviet Union when the Germans attack from the west.
- 1941 - joins the Aperata partisan group
- (German occupation) member of the Railway Police
- Enrolls in Latvian University, engineering faculty.
- 1943 - serves in the Latvian Legion, 15th division, artillery unit
- When the germans began to establish latvian aviatiion units, he attended
the school at Grobini and graduated as a pilot.
- 1944 - when the aviation unit disbands, he is transferred to an artillery unit.
- Wounded and sent to a hospital in Germany.
- Transferred to Dresden. Fought the russians and czech partisans to
make his way to the american sector, where he surrendered.
- As a refugee, stayed first in Hamburg, then Falkenberg.
- 1947 - emigrates to England.
- 1953 - emigrates to Adelaide, Australia.
- Graduates from the Australian Technical Institute, Naval Navigation program.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1970, No.3
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1980, No.6
- Kadets No.17 (1990)
- HOME -