March 23, 1937 - transferred to the 8th Reconnaissance (Naval) Squadron.
June 1937 - is checked out on the hydroplane variant of the Svenska Pirat.
June 18, 1937 - crashed Svenska Pirat #24 due to an engine failure.
July 28, 1938 - experiences a mechanical failure while flying a Martinsyde ADC-1 and escapes with his life by taking to his parachute.
October 1938 - appears on the roster of the 1st Fighter Squadron, flying Gloster Gladiators (Rank: Sargeant)
October 1943 - (German occupation) As a member of the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland he graduates from the
flight school in Liepaja-Grobini and is assigned to the 1st Squadron. (Rank: Lieutenant) By the time the Squadron was
disbanded in October, 1944 he and 1st Lt. Janis Maisins shared the NSG 12 record for the most combat flights completed (nearly 150).
After the war, Gudermanis emigrated to the USA.
Died: March 19, 1998
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Hazners & Berzins (ed) Latviesu Karavirs Otra Pasaules Kara Laika, Vol.7 pg.17, 40
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.1 pg. 35
- Marker photo courtesy of B.Rouse.