- May 17, 1923 - begins flight school. Rank: Sargeant
- 1923 - passes his flight test, flying Fokker D.VII #16.
- March 7, 1924 - graduates from flight school.
- September 1924 - signs an agreement to remain in the Regiment for at least two more years.
- 1926 - test flies and approves recently re-built Ansaldo Balilla #35. Rank: 1st Sargeant
- December 1929 - is checked out on the new Bristol Bulldogs.
- May 25, 1930 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1930 - promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.
- September 1939 - serves in the Technical Section of the Aviation Regiment.
- 1940 (Soviet Occupation) - is required to serve in the "Gulbene Squadron", part of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- R.Gulbis' log book
- Latvijas Kareivis May 22, 1930
- Sparnota Latvija, No.61 (July 1939) pg.247
- HOME -