- December 6, 1905 - Born, in Valka*
- October 16, 1930 - Graduated from flight school (pilot)
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1936 - Instructor in the Riga Sport flight school.
- August 9, 1936 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Ventspils.
- Served as the administrator of the Sport Flyer flight school program.
- May 22, 1937 - test flies "Zilais Putns II, Pulins' aircraft which had been
rebuilt and re-registered as YL-ABF by VEF, then gifted to the Latvian Aero Club.
- July 18, 1937 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Skrunda.
- September 26-27, 1937 - participates in the second "Flight Around Latvija" contest, winning the event.
- July 10, 1938 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- July 24, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Skrunda.
- July 31, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Valka.
- August 13, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Matisi.
- August 28, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Lutrini.
- September 25, 1938 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Madliena.
- 1938 - took part in the "Flight Around Latvija" contest, repeating as the winner of the event.
- Administrator and instructor at the Riga Flight School.
- January 1939 - Released from the administrator/instructor function, returns to active combat service.
- 1939 - on the roster of the 1st Fighter Squadron, based in Riga (Gloster Gladiators). Rank: 1st Lieutenant.
- 1942 (German occupation) - volunteered for the military, and participated in battles at Lake Ilmene, Volchova,
- After the war, Sotnieks emigrated to England, where he found employment in a railway mechanical division.
- December 6, 1956 - Died, in England.*
* Note: Kadets (No.1, Dec.1 1967) gives slightly different birth and death dates - August 2, 1905 and Dec.29, 1956 respectively.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1957, No.1
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1976, No.1
- Jaunais Kurzemnieks July 13, 1938
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
- HOME -