December 1936 - graduates from the LAK Daugavpils Sport Aviator Theory course.
1939 - graduates from flight school.
1944 - as a former flier, he is called into the Latvian unit being formed in the Luftwaffe. Rank: Lieutenant
February 26-27, 1944 - during night flying training at Liepaja-Grobini, where he was learning how to escape being caught by searchlights, his plane
crashes and he perishes. He is laid to rest at the Liepaja North Cemetary.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1975 No.1 pg. 17
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.1 pg. 33
- Hazners & Berzins (ed) LKOPKL Vol.7 pg.19
- Loza & Ozolins, Latviesu Lidotaji Vol.2, pg. 9
- Muiznieks, Janis, Putnu Cels, pg. 21
- Neulen, H.W. In The Skies of Europe, pg. 302
- Silgailis, A. Latviesu Legions, pg. 221