1939 - transfers to the Aviation Regiment, but his flight school training is disrupted by the Soviet Occupation.
1941-1941 - serves in the Latvian Squadron of the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps, based at Gulbene and flying SV-5s.
June 14, 1941 - arrested and deported to Siberia.
Many years later he is released from Siberia and settles in Rauna, Latvija.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983, No 5 pg. 31 [K.Krastins]
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983, No.6 pg. 30 [Millers]
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.4 pg. 21 [K.Krastins]
- Hazners & Berzins (ed) Latviesu Karavirs Otra Pasaules Kara Laika Vol.7 pg.27,      33, 34, 73
- Kadets No.8, 1979.
- Kadets No.14, 1985.
- Silgailis, A. Latviesu Legions, pg. 226
NOT READY FOR POSTING YET - IS THIS JANIS ZARINS, or A.ZARINS?
Krastins says it is J.
Hazners describes Zarins as dizkareivis - therefore, not the Military college grad
Aside from the big list, Bruvelis makes no mention of J.
have to ask Paul B. about this.