June 15H.Freimanis dies in the crash of Bristol Bulldog #74 at Daugavpils. June 22K.Iesalnieks dies in the crash of a Bristol Bulldog. June 23 The new VEF/Irbitis I-11 makes its first appearance at Spilve. June - July Three Latvian Fairey Seals complete a 6,000-km goodwill tour of Baltic and North Sea port cities.
December 3 A.Danders dies in the crash of a Bristol Bulldog.
- J.Indans becomes commander of the Aviation Regiment.
- Deruluft is replaced by Lufthansa. Routes connect to Berlin, Danzig, Konigsberg, Kaunas, Riga/Spilve, Tallin and Helsinki.
- AA inaugurate their new headquarters at Spilve.
- The first of what would be three annual "Flight Around Latvia" contests is held.
- The Naval Aviation Division becomes part of the Aviation Regiment and is renamed Naval Reconnaissance Squadron No.8