|Date: August 2, 1936
||Known Personnel: A.Valleika,
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: YL-AAU "Vanags", a KOD-1, the new glider "Gulbis"
- Festival was organized by the Rujienas branch of the Latvian Aero Club, working with the local
Military Aviation Fund committee.
- As the opening event, the local chapter's newly constructed glider was christened "Gulbis".
- A cup was presented, with the intention of awarding it each year to Rujiena's most successful aviator.
- A local storekeeper donated candies, which were delivered to the children from the airplane with
small parachutes attached.
- After the Air Show a dinner and dance was held at the riverfront.
No.26, August 1936, pg. 801