The C.X was a 1933 design as a replacement for the Fokker C.V in use with the Dutch East Indies Army.
Thirteen were sold to the Dutch East Indies Army, but they were soon relegated to trainer and target tug duties
when they acquired a number of Martin B-10s. Eventually, either through purchase or production license, the
C.X saw service with the Dutch, Finnish, and Repulican Spanish Air Forces.
From June 22 to July 6, 1936 three Latvian Fairey Seals completed a goodwill flight around northern Europe.
Among the aviators participating were a number of very high-ranking Latvian aviation officers, and their itinerary
included a visit to the Fokker facility in the Netherlands to view a demonstration of the Fokker CX (see photo above). In 1937
Latvia purchased a number of Gloster Gladiators, so this Fokker visit may have been part of that contract selection
Note: The above photo depicts Lt.Col.Indans and other Latvian aviators visiting the Fokker facility in 1936.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Photo from K.Lauppe Collection courtesy of F.Gerdessen