WHAT: Latvian Navy receives its first airplane
WHEN: July 30, 1924
WHERE: Daugava, at Riga
- On July 30, 1924, General Eduards Kalnins presented the Navy with their first aircraft, a Hanriot HD-17 seaplane.
- The aircraft had been purchased in France with funds donated by the general public.
- Latvian ship "Virsaitis" transported the airplane, which had been named "Aizsargs I" ('Protector I"), to
the ceremony on the Daugava River, at Riga.
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Prieditis, E. Latvijas Kara Flote
Profile courtesy of Arvo Vercamer.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York