WHAT: Estonian aviators make goodwill visit to Latvia
WHEN: January 14 - 17, 1930
- Estonian aviators Major Karl Haas, Major Karl Abel, Ltn. Jakob Sepp and Ltn. Eduard Reissaar arrived in two Estonian air force
aircraft at Spilve for what was planned to be a two-day goodwill visit. They met with members of the
Aviation Regiment and test flew a number of Latvian aircraft.
- On the evening of the 14th a dinner was held in their honor. At this event the Regiment Commander
Colonel Skurbe presented Major Abel and Ltn. Reissaar (the Commanding Officer of the 3rd Air Division) with the Aviation Regiment badge.
- The plan had been to test fly a few more aircraft on the morning of the 15th and then return to Tallin, but
thick ground fog made both impossible.
- At one o'clock on the afternoon of the 18th, the Estonian aircraft and their crews returned to Tallin.
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 15, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 16, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis, January 18, 1930
- With contributions from F.Gerdessen.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York