WHAT: Aviation Regiment's 17th Anniversary
WHEN: June 6 and 7, 1936
WHO: General Berkis
General Berkis inspects the Aviation Regiment Personnel
- The celebrations began with a service at the Cathedral, also attended by the Coastal Artillery
Regiment who's anniversary date coincides with that of the Aviation Regiment. Music for the service
was provided by the Aviation choir and the Artillery orchestra, performing "Liela Junda" and Jurjans' "Tevijai".
- After the service, the group went to the Bralu Kapi for a brief service and the laying of wreaths.
- On the following day, June 7, the Aviation Regiment assembled at their parade ground. They were joined
by members of the Aizsargi and the Latvian Aero Club. Inspection was carried out by General Berkis, Col. J. Indans,
and Lt.Col.J.Basko. This was followed by the national hymn, speeches, and written greetings from those not present.
- When the parade was complete a dinner was held, followed by a performance by the choir and orchestra.
- After the dinner, the regiment commander had arranged an outing to Lielupe for the participants and their families.
Sparnota Latvija, No. 24, June 1936, pg.741
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York