WHAT: Aizsargi Receive Four I-12 aircraft from VEF
WHEN: September 30, 1938
WHO: Government Officials, VEF Directors
- These four I-12 aircraft were a gift from VEF.
- The factory had begun work on these early in the year and the aircraft were ready for being handed over in September.
- The ceremony took place at VEF's new hangar at Spilve.
- Attending were many government officials, also J.Basko from the Aviation Regiment, J.Erglis and
V.Dimza from the Aizsargi, and L.Pillups and R.Vilks from the Latvian Aero Club.
- At the end of the ceremony, all four aircraft took to the air for a demonstration of aerobatics
and formation flying.
- Two of the aircraft were quickly prepared for K.Bandenieks and J.Rudzitis to use in the "Flight
Around Latvia" contest, which started the very next morning.
Sparnota Latvija No.53, November 1938, pg.713-714
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York