|Date: May 25, 1930
||Location: Riga (Spilve)
J.Abolins, A.Ansons, A.Bambers,
K.Blaus, N.Bulmanis, R.Dzenis,
A.Dzenitis, V.Eglitis, E.Ginters,
J.Indans, N.Jakubovs, V.Jakubovs,
K.Kalnins, R.Kandis, E.Kanna,
K.Kleins, F.Launics, A.Linins,
J.Lodzins, Haupt.B.Loerzer, J.Maisins,
E.Mellups, B.Petersons, Sgt.M.Prieditis, V.Rinkis,
K.Skribo, N.Strukovs, A.Tomass,
P.Treijs, H.Vanags, K.Veikins,
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: Many different Aviation Regiment aircraft, including 6 single-seater
fighters and also 5 bomber/recon aircraft. Bruno Loerzer was also present, flying a BFW M23b.
- Festival was organized by the Aviation Regiment, with proceeds to benefit the fund for the families of
injured or deceased aviators.
- The Agenda for the day was as follows:
- At 3pm, the events open with a parade of participants The event is opened by H.Celmins. A.Birkhans, the chairman
of the Riga Stock Exchange, also presented the organizers with a cheque for 2000 Lats for the fund.
- V.Jakubovs is presented with the Clifford Harmon award, Latvian section.
- Individual aerobatics
- Formation flying and group aerobatics
- Ground attack demonstration, with machine guns and bombs
- The first demonstration, in Latvia, of artificial fog to mask ground targets
- Target shooting (shooting down released balloons)
- Various demonstrations of aerial combat
- Aerobatic demonstration by B.Loerzer in his BFW M23b.
- Parachute jump
- Massive formation flight / parade
- Flights for paying customers
- After dark, a demonstration of night flight and searchlight operation
- A total of 15,000 spectators attended, ferryed to the event by boats from across the Daugava, as well as busses which
ran express service from the centre of Riga.
- Possibly for the first time in Latvia, the entire event was supported with descriptions and explanations from loudspeakers,
which were well-received by the spectators.
- Also available for the spectators amusement was a military orchestra, a carousel (with aviation-themed seats), and various
food and souvenir vendors. At the end of the day, a hangar served as a ballroom and the festivities continued well past dark.
- Atpuhta No.289, May 16, 1930.
- Latvijas Kareivis April 24, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 3, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 20, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 21, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 23, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 24, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 25, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 27, 1930