|Date: July 11, 1937
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: LKOD-2 (In total, 5 aircraft from
the Aizsargi, two aircraft, ('Ventas Erglis' and 'Vanags'), and one high-performance glider from the Latvian Aero Club and two gliders
from Kuldiga's own club)
- The fourth (and to that point, largest) Aviation Festival held in Kuldiga.
- Organized by the 14th Kuldigas Aizsargi and the Kuldiga branch of the Latvian Aero Club. The venue was the
Kuldiga aerodrome, about 3 km from the town.
- The Program, as advertised:
- 13:00 Event opens, aircraft are lined up on parade for inspection. Pilots available to answer questions.
- 15:00 Opening ceremonies.
- 16:30 Flight Demonstration Begins, Including:
- Training flight demonstration
- Group flight by the 14th Aizsargu aircraft
- Formation flights
- Simulated aerial combat
- Parachute jump
- Bombing demonstration
- After the demonstration, candies (on tiny parachutes) were dropped for the children, and a number of spectators received rides in aeroplanes.
- In the evening, a buffet meal was prepared with dancing until 4 am.
- The show was opened by gliders being towed by aircraft, what the Latvians refer to as an
"air train", a formation seen for the first time in Kuldiga.
- Civil Aviation inspector J.Indans was present and addressed the crowd.
- Among the many aerial demonstrations was a parachute jump by K.Lesinskis, jumping from an LKOD-2
piloted by V.Dimza at a height of 500 metres and glider demonstrations by local pilots Rasevics and Gesauss.
- As was the custom at the time, the show ended with candies (on tiny parachutes) being dropped
from the sky into the crowd.
- After the show, over 25 people were taken up for flights in the two-seaters.
- It is estimated that the performance drew a crowd of over 10,000 people.
Jaunais Kurzemnieks July 7, 1937
Jaunais Kurzemnieks July 14, 1937
Latvijas Kareivis July 9, 1937
Latvijas Kareivis July 13, 1937
Sparnota Latvija No.37/38, July/August 1937, pg.233