|Date: August 22, 1937
||Location: Valmiera aerodrome
||Known Personnel: Janis Indans,
A.Valleika, V.Dimza, R.Gulbis, A.Baumanis,
A.Valdmanis, K.Lesinskis, E.Zalitis, K.Teikmanis,
J.Rudzitis, A.Rikards, K.Purmaks
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: Five Aizsargi aircraft, one
from the Aero Club (flown to Valmiera by Indans and Valleika) and a glider from Rujiena.
- Organized by the Valmiera Aero Club and the 8th Valmieras Aizsargi.
- The Aizsargi arrived three days earlier and their practice flights in the vicinity
served to promote the upcoming event.
- In addition to the usual aerial displays, K.Lesinskis made a successful parachute jump from
a height of approximately 1000 metres.
- The program ended with the candy parachutes being dropped for the children, and an exceptionally
large group of spectators who made brief flights in a two-seater.
- Approximately 6,000 spectators attended the event.
Col. J.Indans inspects the parade of participants
Parachutist K.Lesinskis after his jump
Sparnota Latvija No.40, October 1937, pg.277