|Date: August 21, 1938
||Location: Riga (Spilve Aerodrome)
||Known Personnel: Aboms,
T.Abrams, Ansons, J.Balodis, Bambers,
E.Briedis, Budris, Bulmanis, H.Cukurs,
Freimanis, T.Gailitis, E.Ginters, A.Graudins,
Jurkevics, A.Kalnins, R.Kandis, E.Kanna, Karklins, K.Karps,
A.Kregers, J.Lapins, J.Maisins, T.Misins,
Ozolins, A.Pallo, A.Pantelejevs, Paulins, L.Pillups,
E.Rudzitis, Strautnieks, Z.Tomsons, Vulfs, J.Viksne,
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: Over 80 aircraft. Those specific
aircraft known to have attended include the gliders "Iesacejs" and "Duja"
- Over 80 aircraft were assembled for this event - including Aviation Regiment, Aizsargi, Latvian
Aero Club, VEF (manufacturer), and private sport aircraft and glider schools/clubs. This was the largest single gathering of
aircraft ever seen in Latvian to that point. The pioneer groups, with their flying models, were also in attendance.
- The high point of the day was the presentation to the Aviation Regiment of 26 brand new Gloster Gladiators, purchased
with money donated by the public and raised at other such festivals.
- The program began at 2pm with the first of a lengthy series of speeches and greetings.
- The aerobatics and precision flying demonstrations featured the best pilots in Latvia, and
were well received by the audience. The program was cut short by heavy rain, but some members
of the public managed to receive airplane rides in spite of the poor weather.
- About 50,000 spectators attended the event.