|Date: September 11, 1938
||Known Personnel: L.Pillups, R.Vilks,Treijs, A.Mencis,
A.Pantelejevs, J.Butevics, T.Gailitis, E.Smildzins, N.Balodis,
K.Reichmanis, M.Priedite, K.Purmaks,
A.Baumanis, H.Kaufelds, H.Cukurs, V.Dimza, J.Karklins
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: A number of military, Aizsargi and
Aero Club aircraft, Cukurs' "Kurzemes Hercogiene", glider tug "Kaija" with a glider, motorized glider "Lacplesis, a total of 17 aircraft.
- Festival was arranged by the Jelgava chapter of the Latvian Aero Club.
- The festival was also the official unveiling of Jelgava's new aerodrome.
- The many aircraft displayed the full menu of aerobatics, formation and low-level precision flying.
The highlight of the event was a parachute jump (his first) by H.Kaufelds.
- The show was followed by the customary airborne sweet for the children and airplane rides for selected spectators.
- The event attracted about 10,000 spectators.
Aizsargs No.184 (1939, No.10), pg.702
Sparnota Latvija No.52, October 1938, pg. 666, 667
Sparnota Latvija No.54, December 1938