|Date: July 2, 1939
||Known Personnel: V.Dimza, L.Svalbe, J.Balodis, K.Mikelsons,
Bandenieks, A.Baumanis, A.Biedrins, R.Celmins, K.Caune.
||Aircraft Known to be Involved: a glider (#13) and tug (KOD-2), and three Aviation Regiment
- The fifth Rujiena festival, arranged by the Rujiena chapter of the Latvian Aero Club.
- The festival celebrated the completion of their new hangar.
- The Aviation Regiment aviators took part as they were in Rujiena on a training camp/exercise.
- V.Dimze completed a parachute jump.
- At some point during the day the KOD-2 made contact (while on the ground) with the glider and caused some minor damage.
- The spectators were "numbered in the thousands".
Sparnota Latvija No.62 (August 1939)