|Date: July 28, 1920
||Fatalities: vltn. Aleksandrs Blaubergs
vltn. Zanis Rulle
vltn. Rolfs Ziverts
|Aircraft Involved: DFW C.V(Av.) #12
- Flying near Plavinas the pilot experienced some sort of major mechanical problem.
- The pilot tried to land in a nearby field, but his speed was too great for the small
field and he had to lift up and go around again. He cleared the treetops by only 3-5
metres and, turning as he did so, he lost airspeed and the aircraft fell into the woods.
- Upon crashing the gas tank exploded, incinerating the aircraft and all three occupants.
- It should be noted that vltn. Drillis believed that the reason for landing was not
mechanical at all, but that the occupants simply were interested in stopping at Plavinas
- Blaubergs was a naval aviator, the others were air force personnel (observers).
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture