|Date: February 25, 1924
||Fatalities: Edvins Bite (Bitte)
||Aircraft Involved: Fokker D.VII #16
- Crash resulted when the pilot was forced to land in fog and snow. The weather had
changed very suddenly and he had no option but to land with little visibility. The aircraft
hit the ground very hard and was totally destroyed.
- The accident happened on Feb.25, and Bitte succumbed to head injuries four days later.
- Edvins Bitte was an extraordinarily experienced pilot for his time.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Kuldigas Vestnesis, March 7, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 1, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 4, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 6, 1924.