|Date: March 3, 1926
||Personnel: German pilot (name unknown), passenger Arvids Skurbe
||Aircraft Involved: Junkers F-13 "B-LATA", also known as "Kondors" of the
Latvijas Gaisa Satiksmes Akciju Sabiedriba
||Location: Near Helsinki, Finland
- The aircraft, formerly the German-registered D 202, was purchased in 1923 and was operated by LGSAS.
- The German pilot flew into thick fog and, attempting to safely lose altitude for landing at Helsinki, he began to
spiral slowly downwards. The right wing struck the ground and broke, the undercarriage (equipped with skis for this
flight) was torn off and the engine separated from the fuselage.
- Both pilot and passenger were essentially unhurt.
- The aircraft was eventually rebuilt and returned to service, but by then with a new owner.
- the airline went bankrupt in 1926 for a number of reasons, not the least of which was the loss of this aircraft
and another to a storm which struck Spilve on May 12, 1924.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
Profile courtesy of Arvo Vercamer.