|Date: March 1, 1928
||Personnel: J.Indans, A.Strautnieks
||Aircraft Involved: Avro # 32
||Location: Unknown, but probably Spilve
- J.Indans was serving as a flight instructor for A.Strautnieks.
- The aircraft slipped into a spin and struck the ground.
- Indans remained in hospital until April 4 with injuries to the head, face and right shin, a broken collarbone, right ankle, right arm and a finger of the right hand.
Ltn.Strautnieks was relatively unharmed in the crash, Indans' injuries being worse because, as instructor, he was seated in the forward position.
- Indans' injuries were so severe that, until 1932, he was not an active flier and was assigned to administrative duties instead.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture