|Date: August 26, 1928
||Fatalities: Sgt. Arvids Kiberis
Capt. Sergejs Bloms
|Aircraft Involved: Letov S.16 #10
||Location: near Cesis
- The accident happened en route to the Daugavpils training camp. The route was to be
Riga-Cesis-Vecgulbene-Daugavpils and, as this route took them near the family homes of each of
the participants, they had decided to drop notes of greetings to their families on the way.
- At the first waypoint (Cesis - Kibers birthplace) the pilot (Kibers) was flying aerobatics
at low altitude, miscalculated, and flew the plane into the ground.
- The accident committee noted that Kibers had flown his first solo (with this aircraft) as
recently as January 18, 1928.
- Briedis, in his book, reports that Sergejs Bloms had been promoted to Captain just before this flight, and he was not yet aware of
the promotion. Only at the funeral did he actually receive his third star.
- Briedis, Emils Latviesa Stasts
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture