|Date: June 28, 1934
||Survivors: kapt. A. Zarins
||Fatalities: ltn. Arvids Liepins, kapt. Stekis
||Aircraft Involved: Svenska S.IIa (He-4) #10
- Kapt. Stekis was from the Kurzemes artillery regiment, acting as observer.
- The cause of the crash was a problem with the controls, perhaps a
broken control cable.
- Kapt. A.Zarins was the pilot, and he survived when he took to his parachute.
Note that this is the only time in Latvian Naval Aviation history that a parachute
was used to save an airman's life.
- This aircraft had recently undergone a major rebuild, and it had been
flight tested on Sept.12, 1933 by the same kapt. Zarins.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Prieditis, Erichs Eriks Latvijas Kara Flote