|Date: June 15, 1936
||Fatalities: kapt-leitn. Huge Freimanis
||Aircraft Involved: Bristol Bulldog #74
- The pilot had completed a number of flights over Daugavpils that day.
- It is reported that on his approach he did not lift up in time and
drove the nose of the plane into the ground. Speculation is that, with
the angle of the sun at that particular time of the day he misjudged his
distance from the ground and drove the aircraft into the aerodrome surface.
- The pilot was thrown from the aircraft, which burned and was destroyed.
- Freimanis was rushed to the local hospital, but died en route.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Sparnota Latvija June, 1936 #24