|Date: June 4, 1940
||Survivors: Corporal Indrikis Morkans
||Fatalities: Sgt. Janis Ozols
||Aircraft Involved: Stampe & Vertongen SV-5 # 111
- The aircraft left the ground and, when the pilot turned the plane suddenly while still at low atltitude,
it fell into a spin and struck the ground with the engine still running.
- The aircraft was totally destroyed. Sgt.Ozols perished, and Corporal Morkans sustained serious injuries.
- Ozols, the passenger, was not a member of the Aviation Regiment but rather was serving with the
Chemical weapons unit.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Latvijas Kareivis June 7, 1940