AERODROME - BAUSKA
- Hangar pictured above was erected in 1936.
- August 16, 1936 - Aviation Festival. Muiznieks and Celmins tore the undercarriage off while landing Aizsargu KOD-1 #11 at Bauska.
- September 27, 1936 - the fifth waypoint in the first "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- September 26, 1937 - waypoint of the second "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- August 19, 1938 - Aviation Festival
- October 1, 1938 - the eighth waypoint in the "Flight Around Latvia" competition. The
aircraft did not land, but dropped markers at the aerodrome, which had such clear approach/sightlines that they hit the target almost flawlessly.
The above photos were taken in July, 2008, and appear here
courtesy of Jeroen M. Brinkman.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York