AERODROME - JELGAVA
- November 21, 1921 - Lazdins crashed Nieu.23 #3 into a haystack shortly after takeoff from Jelgava.
- September 1, 1922 - Kraulis dies in the crash of Sopwith Strutter #11 near Jelgava. His two passengers survived.
- August 12, 1923 - Aviation Festival (organized by the Latvian Aero Club).
- September 11, 1938 - Aviation Festival
- October 1, 1938 - the seventh waypoint in the "Flight Around Latvia" competition. The
aircraft landed, refuelled, and continued on to Bauska. Rudzitis, however, flying in VEF I-12 #37, broke his tail skid while landing and
was forced to remain in Jelgava overnight while repairs were made. He caught up with the other aviators the next day.
- 1941 - 1944 (German Occupation) - (Luftwaffe units based in Jelgava during the German occupation)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York