AERODROME - KULDIGA
- The first two images (above) are from the Kuldiga Aviation Festival on July 12, 1936.
- The 14th Kuldiga Aizsargi included an aviation section, which was based at Kuldiga.
- 1935 - the LAK donates 500 lats towards the building of the Aerodrome.
- July 14, 1935 - Aviation Festival
- July 12, 1936 - Aviation Festival
- September 27, 1936 - the third waypoint in the first "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- July 11, 1937 - Aviation Festival
- September 26, 1937 - waypoint of the second "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- May 8, 1938 - Aviation Festival
- July 1938 - site of an Aizsargu Aviacija training 'camp' session.
- Oct.1, 1938 - the fourth waypoint in the "Flight Around Latvia" competition. The
competitors did not land at Kuldiga, but dropped a marker on the aerodrome and continued on to Liepaja.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York