AERODROME - PETERSFELDE
- Located about seven km from the Dobele-Kalnmuizas road.
- During WWI and the Bermont conflict, Petersfelde was a major German air base, and was at one time the Sachsenberg Freikorps airfield.
- The White Russian volunteer force, Led by Lieven, based their aircraft at Petersfelde.
- May 9, 1919 - V.Jakubovs, J.Prieditis and N.Puskelis leave Petersfeld aerodrome and fly over to the Latvian side, becoming the first members
of the new Latvian air force.
- March 3-5, 1920 - Capt. J.Indans travels to Petersfelde to inventory the materials abandoned by the retreating Germans.
- July 18, 1920 - Jakubovs and Prieditis, now 1st Lieutenants in the Latvian air force, return to Petersfelde to evaluate its suitability
as a base for the 3rd Squadron.
- August 21, 1921 - 1st Lt. Jevlampjevs is dispatched to Daugavpils to search for a replacement for the Petersfelde site, which has
by now fallen into disuse.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York