AERODROME - TUKUMS
- This aerodrome was built/sponsored by the Tukums city council, and the LAK built the first hangar and workshop.
- April 12, 1935 - A DH9A and a Martinsyde ADC.1 are involved in a ground collision while operating from the frozen surface of Lake Tukums.
- July 19, 1936 - Aviation Festival
- September 27, 1936 - the first waypoint in the first "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- September 26, 1937 - waypoint of the second "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- Oct.1, 1938 - The first waypoint in the "Flight Around Latvia" competition. The marker
drop took place directly on the aerodrome, located just beyond a hill to the west of the town.
- During the German occupation in WWII, they built a forward airfield to the east of Tukums.
- 1941 - 1944 (German Occupation) - (Luftwaffe units based in Tukums during the German occupation)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York