AERODROME - VAINODE
- The Vainode airfield was in use already in the First World War. Vainode had two fixed large single sheds
(field sheds) which can each berth (2,189,600 cub ft) airships. Airship sheds carried the names Walter and Walhalla.
- July 23, 1939 - Aviation Festival at Vainode. This coincides with the christening of their "new aerodrome" - not certain if it is a new
location or a rebuild of the old one.
- 1941 - 1944 (German Occupation) - (Luftwaffe units based in Vainode during the German occupation)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York