AERODROME - VALMIERA
- This airfield and its first hangar were built by members of the Latvian Aero Club. It also served as the home airfield for the
Aizsargi and included their hangars and workshops.
- June 21, 1936 - Aviation Festival
- September 28, 1936 - the third waypoint of the second day in the first "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- August 22, 1937 - Aviation Festival
- September 26, 1937 - waypoint of the second "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
- October 2, 1938 - the fourth waypoint on the second day of the "Flight Around Latvia" competition.
The competitors did not land, but dropped markers on the aerodrome and then continued on in the direction of Rujiena.
- 1941 - 1944 (German Occupation) - (Luftwaffe units based in Valmiera during the German occupation)
The above photos were taken in July, 2008, and appear here
courtesy of Jeroen M. Brinkman.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York