- 1922 - Graduates from flight school (observer).
- March 9, 1923 - his documents indicate that, at this time, he was classified as an observer aviator of
the Aviation Regiment's Reserve Squadron.
- 1923 - Participates (with J.Indans in Albatros #3) in the aviation promotional flights around Latgale.
- Nov.10, 1923 - member of the artillery spotting unit.
- September 5 and 20, 1924 - flies, as passenger, in SVA 10 #29 with pilot R.Gulbis (Gulbis' log book).
- April 10, 1925 - makes his first solo flight.
- January 26, 1926 - transferred to the technical division. Promoted to rank of Captain.
- 1926 - test flies Hannover #7 after major rebuild and certifies it ready to return to service.
- December 29, 1939 - a member of the final advanced officer training course graduating class.
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - serves with the 24th Territorial Group, Aviation Squadron at Gulbene.
- June, 1941 - with Ltn.Rotislavs Irbe as passenger Alksnis is ordered to fly an SV-5 to Russia. Instead, he crosses the lines and deserts to the
German side. When Irbe resisted him in this decision, Alksnis shot him dead and completed the flight.
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
- J.Alksnis' documents ("Personas Aplieciba")
- R.Gulbis' log book
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York