ANDERSONS, PETERIS ARTURS
- Born: Nov. 9, 1898, near Valka
- Took part in the Battles for Latvian Independence, 1918-1919
- Was wounded and, when returned to action, was assigned border guard duty
- After the war, he became a member of the 7th Valkas' National Guard, and
remained such until the Soviet invasion in WW2.
- Further details of his military career can be found in DV Menesraksts, 1979, No.1
- Became a member of the Valka chapter of the Latvian Aero Club
- Completed the courses and was certified as a glider pilot and, eventually, an instructor.
- July 4, 1935 - Built his own glider, named "Ziemelnieks"
- After the war, he went to England and eventually to Brampton, Canada.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1979, No.1
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York