- 1930-1931 - completes the aviation theory course offered by Reinhards and Kenins of the Latvian Republic
- September 13, 1935 - nearing the end of his compulsory military service, he is reassigned to the
flight school to be prepared as a Reserve pilot.
- Bandenieks, a member of the Aizsargu Aviacija, only completed high school and then some technical trade training,
but compensated for his limited education with exceptional piloting skills and instincts.
- July 26, 1936 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Krustpils.
- November 19, 1937 - test flies Irbitis' new I-14 for the first time.
- April 23, 1937 - Bandenieks crashes the I-14, but escapes uninjured.
- July 11, 1937 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- May 14-22, 1938 - Bandenieks, with passenger E.Delle, takes a new Irbitis/VEF I-12 to Helsinki for their
Aviation Technical Exposition.
- 1938 - Bandenieks becomes a test pilot for VEF.
- July 24, 1938 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Rujiena.
- July 31, 1938 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Valka.
- August 21, 1938 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 25, 1938 - Participated in the Aviation Festival at Cesis..
- October 1-2, 1938 - Bandenieks (with Kalnins) participate in the third "Flight Around Latvija" contest.
- 1938 - Bandenieks recieves the annual award for the Best Aizsargu Aviator.
- July 2, 1939 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Rujiena.
- July 9, 1939 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Kuldiga.
- After the war he emigrated to the USA.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Irbitis, K Latvijas Aviacija un tas Pionieri pg.37, 38, 113, 150
- Irbitis, K. Of Struggle and Flight pg. 33, 35, 117, 162
- Sparnota Latvija, No.37/38 (Jul/Aug 1937) pg.221, 234
- Sparnota Latvija, No.40 (Oct 1937) pg.258, 259, 260
- Sparnota Latvija, No.42 (Dec 1937) pg.345
- Sparnota Latvija, No.50 (Aug 1938) pg.604
- Sparnota Latvija, No.51 (Sept 1938) pg. 616, 629, 633
- Sparnota Latvija, No.53 (Nov 1938) pg.685, 686, 687, 688, 689, 690
- Sparnota Latvija, No.61 (July 1939) pg.254
- Sparnota Latvija, No.62 (Aug 1939) pg.270, 272