- January 4, 1919 - Born, in Aluksne
- Received his early education in Aluksne, advanced education continued in Liepaja.
- 1932 - at age 13, he is already building and flying contest-winning model airplanes.
- 1934 - as an early sign of his design and construction talent, he designed and built his own canoe.
- 1935 - Member of the Liepaja 121st Aviation Scouts, where he built competition flying models.
- April 19, 1936 - wins the distance category at the first Latvian nationwide model aircraft competition with a flight of 263 metres.
- Graduated from the Liepajas Valsts Technikums
- Member of the Aizsargu Aviacija. (Rank: Sargeant)
- Leader of the 87th Pioneer aviators club (Tosmare, Liepaja), of which he was once a founding member.
- Built two gliders - Gaigalina and Spriditis. At the time of his death, he was beginning work on a powered aircraft design.
- June 30, 1938 - Graduated from the Liepaja flight school with his pilot's license.
- October 15, 1938 - Died, in a plane crash, near Liepaja.
Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
Sparnota Latvija No.22, April 1936.
Edvin Bekmanis Family Album - via V.Skirmants
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York