- September 14, 1923 - flies, as observer, with R.Gulbis is Albatros C.III #25.
- December 10, 1924 - graduates from flight school and quickly earns full pilot status.
- 1928 - test flies Balillas #28 and #34 after major rebuilds and certifies them fit to return to service.
- Rank: Sargeant
- 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - arrested by the Soviets and murdered in the Riga Central Prison.
- Emils Briedis tells how, when the Soviets were spying on the Latvian aviators to determine who was 'reliable' and who
should be deported, a Russian was asking him if he knew Bergmanis. Briedis had the good sense to remove himself from the conversation.
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts, pg. 189
- Bruvelis, E. Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Pelkavs, Elmars (ed) Policy of Occupation Powers in Latvia, pg. 135
- R.Gulbis' log book
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York