- August 11, 1897 - Born, Skultes pag.
- Graduated from military college in Russia.
- 1916 - is transferred to the aviation division as an airborne observer/artillery spotter (22nd Corps)
- February 23, 1917 - transferred to Sevastopol flight school for pilot training.
- August, 1917 - graduates from flight school, flying a Farman 22 and the Morane Type G.
- October 20, 1917 - graduates from advanced (fighter) flight school, flying Nieuports. Assigned to a unit in southern Russia.
- After the October revolution, be briefly continues to fly for the Bolsheviks.
- October 27, 1917 - he and his aicraft flew over to the
white russian side. He is assigned to the 1st Don aviation group.
- Promoted to the rank of HQ Captain (the rank equivalent to Major in the Latvian forces)
- Saw action vs the Austro-Hungarians, Germans and Bolsheviks.
- 1922 - returns to Latvia and joins the Aviation Division.
- 1923 - Feb.1924 - Commander of the Flight School's pilot section.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvija Aviacijas Vesture
- Kuldigas Vestnesis March 28, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 1, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 4, 1924.
- Kurzemes Vards March 6, 1924.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York