- Born: March 22, 1896 in St.Petersburg. Family was from Trikata (now Latvia)
- Completed business school in St.Petersburg
- Studied Economics at the St.Petersburg Polytechnical Institute
- 1917 - Graduated from the Baku Naval Aviation Academy
- Called into the Red Army. Rank: Corporal
- December 18, 1918 - Goes to Latvia and volunteers for the army, assigned to the Cavalry.
- Promoted to First Lieutenant.
- Distinguished himself in the fighting in Kurzeme, January 1919 (mentioned
in Lacplesis Order citation)
- July 28, 1919 - Transfers to the Aviation Park.
- helps in organizing the unit, and personally also flew military sorties.
- After Bermont-Avalov was driven from Latvia, Blaubergs was a member of
the special unit formed to seek out and collect useful aviation-related materials
abandoned by the retreating Germans.
- 1919 - as one of the first students of the new flight school, Blaubergs
completes a short flying refresher course.
- April, 1920 - As one of the more experienced fliers, he was assigned to
the Latgale front.
- May, 1920 - a member of the panel investigating and reporting on
Abrams' crash of April 25.
- May 19, 1920 - with his usual observer Ziverts, made the three-hour flight from
Spilve to Rezekne in Aviatik 8205 #12.
- May 26, 1920 - Made a 3-hour recon flight around Sebeza, Drisa and Opochka in Aviatik #12.
- May 31, 1920 - Made a 20 minute test flight of Aviatik #12.
- June 14, 1920 - Made a 25 minute test flight of Aviatik #12
- July 5, 1920 - Made a 20 minute test flight of Aviatik #12
- July 17, 1920 - Made a 30 minute test flight of Aviatik #12
- July ?, 1920 - Flew Aviatik #12 from Rezekne to Riga (perhaps for repairs? It is clear
from the record that this aircraft was giving him a great deal of mechanical trouble)
- July 28, 1920 -
Flying Aviatik #12 back to Rezekne from Riga, he (and his observer,
Rolfs Ziverts and passenger Zanis Rulle) fatally crashed and burned
near Plavinas. Buried in Bralu Kapi.
- 1921 - posthumously awarded the Order of Lacplesis
- Lacplesa Kara Ordena Kavalieri Ilze Antena (ed)
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York