- Born: October 7, 1897, Barkava pag.
- 1916 - Called into the Russian army, serving until Oct.8, 1917.
- January 10, 1919 - Volunteered for the Latvian army. Fought against the Bolsheviks.
- July 14, 1919 - Distinguished himself in intense skirmishes against the Bolsheviks,
repulsing an attack against greatly superior numbers and inflicting huge
losses upon the enemy (Noted in the Lacplesis Order citation)
- Joined the Aviation Division, attaining the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
- Qualified as an observer, but he was responsible for the Aviation School's
Aviation Mechanic section.
- 1923 - Awarded the Order of Lacplesis
- Died: July 26, 1928 in the crash of Letov S.16 #10.
- Lacplesa Kara Ordena Kavalieri Ilze Antena, ed.
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York