- March 17, 1913 - Born, in Riga.
- 1915 - his family escaped the war by going to Russia, but return after the war.
- Served in the 2nd Ventspils infantry.
- 1937 - entered military college
- September 1, 1939 - graduated from military college. Rank: Lieutenant
- Transferred to the Aviation Regiment, but was in the final class of
flight school (observer) which was interrupted by the Soviet invasion.
- 1940-41 (Soviet occupation) Served in the 24th Territorial Corps, Aviation Squadron at Gulbene.
- June 14, 1941 - arrested and, with many other Latvians, deported to Siberia, where he eventually married.
- 1956 - returns from Norilska, Siberia.
- Earned his living constructing agricultural equipment.
- 1975 - Retired
- Prepared detailed memoirs of his time served in Siberia.
- March 26, 1991 - Died, in Riga. Buried in Riga's Katlakalna cemetary.
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1991, No.5
- Kadets No.17 (1990).
- Kadets No.18 (1991).
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York