- July 30, 1905 - Born, Valka pag.
- 1925 - enrolled in military college
- 1928 - graduated from military college and assigned to the 8th Daugavpils infantry.
- 1930 - Transferred to the Aviation Regiment and enrolled in flight school.
- Sept.1, 1930 - promoted to the rank of 1st Lieutenant.
- 1932 - Graduated from flight school (observer)
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1939 - on the roster of the 6th Recon Squadron (flying SV.5s) stationed at Gulbene.
- 1940 - (Soviet Occupation) Assigned to the 24th Territorial Corps, Aviation Squadron at Gulbene.
- June 24, 1941 - assigned to patrol above Gulbene to defend the airfield against German
paratroopers. He was attacked by a German fighter which damaged his engine and he had to bail out, breaking his foot on landing.
He was placed in the hospital and remained there when the Soviets retreated and the Germans arrived.
- 1941 - (German occupation) - a member of the railway police.
- 1944, September - assigned to the Luftwaffe Legion Lettland at Grobini. Shortly afterwards
the unit was transferred to Stettin where it was broken down and its personnel assigned to different
units. Briedis was sent to Torni where, fighting the Soviets in January 1945, he suffered from frostbite and
had to be evacuated to a hospital in Denmark.
- 1952 - emigrated to Des Moines, Iowa.
- July 4, 1984 - Died, in Des Moines, Iowa USA
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1984, No.5
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Marker photo courtesy of B.Rouse.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York