- Served with the Vidzemes Artillery Regiment.
- September, 1938 - graduates from Military College. Rank: Lieutenant.
- June 1944 (German occupation) - completes training at the Liepaja-Grobini school and is transferred to the 1st Squadron of NSG 12 (Latvian night bomber unit in the Luftwaffe).
- August, 1944 - Failed to return from a combat mission over Aluksne. Later, the Germans found the aircraft, with a body buried nearby, later identified as Daiga.
It is believed that he survived the forced landing but was subsequently murdered by pro-Soviet partisans. Lt. Daiga was laid to rest near Aluksne.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1969, No.2 pg.18 [Rucels]
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1975 No.1 pg. 17 [Millers]
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1979 No.4 pg. 21 [K.Krastins]
- Hazners & Berzins (ed) Latviesu Karavirs Otra Pasaules Kara Laika Vol.7 pg.27,
33, 34, 73
- Kadets No.8, 1979.
- Kadets No.14, 1985.
- Silgailis, A. Latviesu Legions, pg. 226
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York