- August 17, 1906 - born, in Konu pagasts (Latvia)
- February 25, 1927 - begins to serve his military obligation.
- March 1, 1927 - assigned to the Aviation Regiment.
- 1928 - graduates from aviation school (mechanic, 1st class).
- October 5, 1928 - extends his term in the military and is assigned as a mechanic to the 1st Fighter Squadron.
- 1934 - assigned to the Sport flyer training program in Riga.
- December 4, 1936 - a member of the second graduating class of sport fliers trained in the Riga flight school.
- Assigned, as a pilot, to the 1st Fighter Squadron.
- December 3, 1936 - dies, in the crash of Bristol Bulldog #78 while practicing aerobatics over Mezaparks, in Riga. His aircraft went
into a spin from which he was unable to recover. Noting his short initial flight training it has been suggested that inadequate training
and preparation was a major factor in his crash..
- He is laid to rest in the Mezu Kapi cemetary, Riga.
- Briedis, E. Latviesa Stasts, pg. 112
- Bruvelis, EdvinsLatvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Sparnota Latvija No.30 (Dec 1936)
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2018 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York