- Born: May 18, 1893.
- 1922 - graduates from flight school (observer). Moves on to pilot training.
- May 9, 1923 - makes his first solo flight.
- June 24, 1924 - flies as passenger in DFW C.V #3, flown by R.Gulbis, transferring the aircraft from Riga to Daugavpils for the
summer training camp. (R.Gulbis' log book)
- 1926 - among his other duties, he is placed in command of a squad of new recruits being prepared for service in the Aviation Regiment. Among
these was Emils Briedis, later to become a pilot.
- 1927 - Is assigned to the naval aviation section in Liepaja.
- November 6, 1931 - dies, along with five others, in a mid-air collision at Liepaja.
Laid to rest at the Bralu Kapi in Riga.
- Briedis, Emils Latviesa Stasts
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Gerbers, Alfreds, Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1992, no. 2 pg. 26-28
- Jaunakas Zinas November 7, 1931, pg.11
- Prieditis, Erichs Eriks Latvijas Kara Flote
- R.Gulbis log book.
- Cemetary photo courtesy of B Rouse
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York