- Born - October 16, 1897
- Graduated from the Mironov business school in Riga
- 1915 - Volunteers for the Russian aviation division stationed in Riga.
Flew reconaissance missions and was involved in air warfare.
- 1918 - released from Russian armed forces.
- January 1, 1919 - Volunteered for the Latvian army, participated in
battles in Kurzeme and Zemgale.
- Promoted to the rank of Lieutenant.
- After the liberation of Riga he fought the Bolsheviks in Latgale.
- May 4, 1919 - distinguished himself in an encounter with the Bolsheviks.
He discovered an enemy unit secretly advancing and attacked it with
hand grenades - this was done both to stem their advance and also to warn his own forces nearby
of the incursion. He held the enemy at bay until reinforced. (Noted in
his Lacplesis Order citation).
- May 18, 1919 - transferred from the 3rd Latvian machine gun unit to the Aviation Park.
- November, 1919 - A Polish Salmon 2A2 crash lands near Nitaure. Deprejs and
vltn Snikeris are given the task of determining if this aircraft can be repaired
to make it airworthy. They ruled that it could not.
- 1920 - graduates from flight school (observer), then also qualifies as a pilot.
- November 23, 1920 - one of the founders of the first Latvian aeroclub.
- 1921 - Awarded the Order of Lacplesis.
- March 10, 1921 - A member of the 3rd Squadron.
- October 6, 1921 - flying as observer with pilot Jeske, their Sopwith Strutter #2
suffers a mechanical failure and has to make a forced landing en route from Iecava to Spilve.
- March 22, 1922 - flying as observer with pilot Krauli, their Junkers CL-1 #10 suffered
engine trouble and had to land on the ice in the Gulf of Riga. The airmen and their airplane
were picked up by the German ship Hanover and delivered to Ventspils, from where they
arranged transport to Spilve. This was the last flight for the Junkers.
- August 31, 1922 - makes his first solo flight.
- 1923 - released from the military.
- Enlisted in the Aizsargu Aviacija (National Air Guard)
- March 9, 1941 - escaping from the Soviets, he and his family emigrate to Germany.
- After the war, he emigrated to Australia.
- Died - June 28, 1978 in Adelaide, Australia.
- Lacplesa Kara Ordena Kavalieri Ilze Antena, ed.
- Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture Edvins Bruvelis
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2021 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York