DZERVITIS, OSKARS H.
- April 6, 1902 - Born, in Riga. (Note: Kadets #10 gives the birth date as April 6, 1901).
- 1935 - graduates from flight school.
- June, 1935 - Assumes command of Regiment Workshop operations. Rank: Admin.Lt.
- 1936 - travels to the Fokker factory in the Netherlands to inspect the Fokker C.X
- October 13, 1936 - A member of the examining committee to inspect and accept the SV-5 aircraft purchased from Belgium.
- 1936 - 1939 - wrote a great many technical articles for Sparnota Latvija. (see "Sources", below).
- June 7, 1939 - is decorated on the 20th anniversary of the Aviation Regiment.
- September 1939 - serves as the Head of the Workshop/Repair facility, in the Technical Division. Rank: Admin.Captain (Engineer).
- 1940 - 1941 (Soviet Occupation) - Serves as Unit Engineer for the Latvian Squadron in the Soviet 24th Territorial Corps,
based at Gulbene and flying the SV-5s. He was subsequently released from this service so that he might continue his engineering studies.
- After the war he emigrates to Canada.
- July 20, 1983 - Died, in Toronto, Canada
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1982 No.6 pg. 35 [Krastins]
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts, 1983 No.1 pg. 16 [Krastins]
- Kadets No.10 (1981)
- Kadets No.12 (1983)
- Sparnota Latvija, No.29 (Nov 1936) pg.879
- Sparnota Latvija, No.32 (Feb 1937) pg.37
- Sparnota Latvija, No.35 (May 1937) pg.140, 141
- Sparnota Latvija, No.37/38 (Jul/Aug 1937) pg.211
- Sparnota Latvija, No.39 (Sep 1937) pg.242
- Sparnota Latvija, No.54 (Dec 1938) pg. 729-731
- Sparnota Latvija, No.56 (Feb 1939) pg.73
- Sparnota Latvija, No.57 (March 1939) pg.90
- Sparnota Latvija, No.59 (May 1939) pg.163
- Sparnota Latvija, No.61 (July 1939) pg.247
- Sparnota Latvija, No.64 (Oct 1939) pg.326
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2017 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York