- Born: June 27, 1898 in Limbazi
- 1928, August 28 - promoted to the rank of Captain.
- 1928 - serving as a flight instructor, he logged 173.22 flying hours.
- 1929, August 6-7 - participated in a goodwill flight to Tallin, Estonia.
- 1929, Sept.12 - participated in the goodwill flight to Poland. He flew
as a passenger in Letov S.16 #57K, with J.Basko as pilot.
- 1929, November 12-Decermber 22 - travels to Poland to inspect pilot training facilities and to evaluate potential aircraft purchases.
- 1929 - serving as a flight instructor, he logged 193.54 flying hours.
- 1930, May 25 - participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1930, December 5 - given the new status of 'active military aviator'.
- 1930 - logged a total of 237 flying hours.
- 1931 - flew the new Fiat CR.1
- 1931, May 31 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1931 - logged a total of 108 flying hours.
- 1932, June 5 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1932, June - completes one of the first night flights, in preparation for
a night flying training program for the other pilots.
- May 28, 1933 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- 1934 - was a test pilot on the AVDI project.
- September 9, 1934 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- September 8, 1935 - Participates in the Aviation Festival at Riga/Spilve.
- July 29, 1936 - Named Commander of the 4th Recon Squadron.
- 1936, October - appointed to the commission to inspect and accept the
SV-5 aircraft purchased from Belgium.
- 1938 - Awarded the prize for the best Latvian aviator by the Ligue Internationale des Aviateurs.
- October 1938 - Capt. Eglitis is commander of the 3rd Fighter Squadron, based in Riga and flying
Gloster Gladiators and Bristol Bulldogs.
- June 7, 1939 - As part of the Aviation Regiment's 20th anniversary, he is awarded the Viestura Ordenis IV Class (with swords).
- After the war, emigrated to the United States.
- Died: Oct. 21, 1977, in Oak Park, Illinois, USA.
- Bruvelis, Edvins Latvijas Aviacijas Vesture
- Daugavas Vanagu Menesraksts 1977, No.6
- Kadets No. 7 (1978)
- Latvijas Kareivis January 17, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 22, 1930
- Latvijas Kareivis May 30, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis June 2, 1931
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.5, 1934
- Latvijas Kareivis, Sept.11, 1934
- Prieditis, Erichs Eriks Latvijas Kara Flote
LATVIANAVIATION.COM contents copyright © 2019 Gunārs Zūlis and heirs. All Rights Reserved.
Contributors of individual materials retain all rights to their collections and creative works.
LATVIANAVIATION.COM is a LATVIANS.COM project.
Design and hosting by [Clear-and-Simple] · Chicago · New York